pages

April 4, 2017

Monthly TBR // April, 2017.

letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paper-princess_red_rising_pierce_brown_erin_watt_adam_silvera_historyisallyouleftme_shatter_me_series_two_boys_kissing_david_levithan_diverse_books_gay_lgbtq_plus_booktube_booktuber_youtuber
Hey! What's up?! HELLOO!

I know I probably deserve again the Most Absent Blogger Award (that's not real thing, I made it up in case you were wondering), but I'm here today for those of you who are still interested in knowing what's going on in my life and talking about books. This TBR is going to be a bit ambitious but I'm making it my mission this month to finish it. I want to stop buying books and neglecting them, so this is the month when I turn things around - that's what everybody says when they're setting themselves up for failure, but let's see if I can beat the odds, shall we?!

I'm focusing primarily on the books I bought last month first and then I'm making (or should I say reading my way? Man, I'm all about the jokes today!) my way to the books that I started last month and still haven't finished. Last month I tried to focus on books written by women since it was International Women's Day and I really enjoyed my reading month, even though I didn't finish as many books as I wanted to. So, this month is all about catching up! But, enough rambling, let's talk about the books!  
letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paperletmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paper

letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paperletmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paper

letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paperletmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paper_thirteen_reasons_why_jay_asher_netflix_selena_gomez_what_light


Paper Princess - Erin Watt // I've already started reading this one and, tbh, I'm not impressed. Like, really not impressed. Everybody was saying this was soooo good, there were so many 5 star reviews on GoodReads, so I'm really hoping this will get better soon! I'm not really intrigued by the aspects I think I'm supposed to be intrigued by, the main characters is a little too stupid to be as strong as she's being portrayed to be and the whole Royals family is just stupid. This book was definitely not written for people with similar reading tastes as myself, but I'm going to finish since I'm already 20% in. If you've read this, please let me know if it gets better or not. 

13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher // The main reason for this one is the Netflix show, I really want to watch it (the trailers seem AMAZING), but I really want to read the book first. I've already started reading this one too, and it's reaaaaally good. The premise is super intriguing and I think this is a very important topic and it really should be talked about more often in books, specially YA.  

Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan // One of my reading goals this year is to read more diverse books and I've never read a book written by David Levithan alone. I've read and loved You Know Me So Well, but that was written in collaboration with Nina LaCour. I have high hopes for this one!

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi // Now that the hype is over, I think I want to give this series a try. I miss dystopian and I miss Hunger Games, so I'm hoping this book will give me something similar. I read the first five pages last night (just to make sure it's something I would enjoy) and now I'm super pumped to give this a go!  

Red Rising - Pierce Brown // I really don't know what to expect from this book. I've never anything from this author, but this book was popping up on booktube a couple months ago (or was it last year?) and I remember I was intrigued by it, so when I found it on sale I snatched it up. I have no idea what this is about, but I'm hoping for the best. Let me know your thoughts if you've read it!

History Is All You Left Me - Adam Silvera // I'm already 30% in with this books and I'm LOVING it. SO MANY TEARS is all I can say about it without giving in too much. Adan Silvera is an incredible writer and he is already an auto-buy for me. This books is sad, but it's such a beautiful love story that it's worth the tears. Can't wait to finish it!  


These are all the books I'm planning on reading this month and I'm really going to try to stick to this list because these are all books I've recently bought and I don't want them to sit on my Kindle shelves collecting eletronic dust. This is something new I'm trying.. like, actually reading the books I buy. I also want to read a classic this month or maybe two since I didn't read any last month, but I'm still not sure of what I want to read, if you have any good classics recommendations please leave them in the comments below. I really appreciate it! 


What are you planning to read this month?
What are you currently reading? 

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon!


letmecrossover_blogger_blog_michele_mattos_book_books_monthlytbr_tbr_tbrpile_bookblogger_paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...