pages

April 24, 2017

What Do I Want To Blog About?

blogging_blog_struggles_letmecrossover_blog_letmecrossoverblog_michele_mattos_blogger_scandal_buy_followers_
Get ready, guys! It's going to be a long one.. 

I've been struggling with this for a while, so instead of neglecting the issue I'm just going to sit here for a couple of minutes (maybe an hour) and talk about what's been going on in my mind. I've started this blog to document my life in a way, to talk about my feelings and the things I was interested at certain points in my life - kind of like a way to look back and see what was in my mind, what I was going through. But, like any other blogger out there (or at least the majority), I got sucking into the blogosphere and started to do what everybody else was doing. Not that it's a bad thing to, I just wasnt being true to myself. 

With this blog, I feel like I'm constantly struggling between what I want to do and what I think I should be doing (just like in life in general). Like I've said so many times before in other blog posts, I blog because I want to and this is a hobby to me, but I still want to be noticed. I still want to have all this effort I put into the blog to be recognized and for people to enjoy my content. And I thought, against my better judgement, that I had to do what every other blogger was doing because they were clearly doing something write if they have all these readers and followers on social media. 

In my case, blogging is not about popularity. I mean.. if it were I would blasting all over social media that I had a blog, which is not the case. A lot of people in my everyday life still have no idea I even have a blog. I still have different accounts for my personal and for the blog and that's something I want to keep forever, even if I become the next Zoella. I don't want to become famous or anything like that, my only goal with this blog was to create a small supportive community to talk about things that we all have in common, and at the time it was my passion for traveling, books and, occasionally, makeup and beauty stuff. 

So, why did I want to emulate what every other famous blogger was doing? I think it's because I wanted recognition for my work, I wanted to connect with my readers so badly that I started to talk about the topics that I thought they wanted to talk about - and with that I think I ended up pushing my other loyal readers away. So, I guess wiring this post is my personal wakeup call to myself. I want to bring things back to what they were, but I'm not really sure how to do that. And I'm not even sure that's what you guys want. 

All I can say is that I'm gonna stop thinking about that. I'm gonna blog about whatever I want, regardless of what I think other people think and that's something I want to encourage other bloggers to do because I can't possibly be the only one going through this right now. Honestly, I don't really enjoy talking about fashion on the blog simply because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to fashion. I wear what I like and that's it. I enjoy reading about it and getting inspired by other people's outfits, so I'm gonna let this topic be handled by other bloggers. 

I really enjoy talking about my future traveling plans, the books I'm reading/buying, the makeup products I'm using up, minimalism, vegetarianism and advice posts. I love sharing with you guys what I'm going through because I feel like that really helps. Sometimes, I don't even have amazing advice to give, but I believe that just reading about other people's experience helps other's know they are not alone. And I love the internet for that. It gives us a way to reach out to people, to connect and that's the whole reason why I started blogging. I want to talk to people in a time in my life when I felt alone. 

So, I'm sorry if this post was too long. If you've read all of it, you're an amazing human and thank you for that. I just wanted to bring myself back to reality and talk about all this stuff that was going on in my mind. I'm sure some of you noticed that lack of posts lately and I just wanted to let you guys know why. Blogging is extremely therapeutic to me, my personal type of therapy and I kind of needed that right now. As always, you're more than welcome to join in on comments. Let me know what's going on in your mind so we can talk about it. 

Any thoughts on the matter? 
What's going on with you?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon - I'll miss you if you don't! 


No comments:

Post a Comment