pages

May 27, 2017

3 New Things Every Week.

So, if you're following me on Twitter this might not come as a surprise to you, but I was chatting with a friend the other day and we were talking about how we feel like we've been stuck on a rut lately. We were debating on what to do about it, if there was anything dramatic we felt like changing, like our jobs or something like that or if by just changing small things here and there we would already feel better. We came to the conclusion that we were actually pretty happy with our long term goals, the real problem was that we were feeling like our everyday lives were just boring and like nothing was happening that really made us excited about waking up in the morning. 

Now, I know that everyday life is usually pretty boring: you wake, go to work, come home and repeat. And there's nothing wrong with that, we need jobs to pay for food and survive, but life doesn't have to be boring just because we have obligations, right? Well, I've just come to this realization this week! I was feeling like there was nothing new and exciting happening in my life and, to be honest, I've been struggling a little with the whole waking-up-everyday-and-surving thing. I'm not saying I'm depressed, but I really need something else in my life. Like I said, something to get me excited about. 

So, the solution I came to was to try to do something new every week. The goal was to do something new everyday, you know? Pull a Eleanor Rooselvet and "do one thing everyday that scares you", but ain't nobody got time for that! I have work, I have to study, I even struggle to get to the gym 3x a week... Having said that, I've decided to adapt this to my life, to make it realistic so I won't feel overwhelmed. I've settled on doing 3 new things every week. I can do that, right? We have seven days in a week, I can totally do it!

And since I'm a blogger, part of the goal is to document it all here on the blog. I'm aiming for one post every week, possibly every Sunday, narrating all the adventures from that week. Just so you guys don't get your hopes up, I don't think I'll be doing anything crazy like jumping from rocks or snorkeling. Snorkeling would actually be pretty fun, maybe I'll try that one day. We're gonna begin with baby steps, like trying out new restaurants and going to the movies by myself (something I've never ever done in my life). 

The goal here is to do things that make me feel uncomfortable or that give me anxiety, to change up my routine. I feel like this is going to be good for me, it's going to give me a chance to deal with my anxiety little by little and, hopefully, when big things come along I'll be better at dealing with them. So, I've rambled a lot, let's get to the rules! Oh yeah, there are rules. 
#1: It has to be something new. 
This is pretty obvious, but let me explain. "Something new" includes everything, from going to a new mall or shopping at a new store. Like I said, I probably won't be parasailing anytime soon, but we'll get there. 

#2: It has to make me feel uncomfortable. 
And with that I mean, it needs to spark up my anxiety at least a little bit. For example, going to a new mall in my neighborhood won't really make me anxious because I'm pretty used to my neighborhood, but going a to a new mall in a new place... Just thinking about it is already making me feel anxious. 

#3: It has to be safe. 
I want to try new things, live life to the fullest, not get murder. 

#4: It has to make me feel better about myself.
I want to do new things so I can grow and feel more in control of life, I don't want to do stuff just because it's new. We have an end goal here and that's all about positivity.

I guess these are all the rules, if I think about something else I want to add, I'll let you guys know about it next week. I think Monday (May, 29th) is going to be the starting point. I've been thinking about new things I want to do next week and it's already overwhelming me, which I'm gonna take as a positive thing. 
ONE// Sign up for the TOEFL exam.
I've been playing around with the idea of applying for a master program outside of my country, and I need to take the TOEFL exam for pretty much all of the programs I've found online, so it seems like a good idea to start with that. This is also something I've been pushing off for ages now, so I'm kinda excited to be finally doing it! 

TWO // Volunteer.
My church has been looking for volunteers to teach English, but teaching is something that makes me pretty nervous. Like, what if I suck? What if people hate me there? What if I'm the worst teacher there and they tell me to just go home? I know it might sound stupid, but that's just how I feel. Anyway, I'm just gonna go over there next week and see what they need and how I can help. 

THREE // Start learning German.
This is something I've always wanted to do, I've never really done it because I always thought: where the hell am I going to speak German? But, utility is not the point anymore. I want to do something different and there's no time like the present. 

So, that's the plan! If you'd like the join me, please do. I could really need to some internet encouragement here! And, we could all share in our blogs or online platforms what we're up to! If you have anything share or any times at all of what I should do next, also let me know. I'm getting a feeling that the first week is going to be easy, and as time progresses I'm gonna run out of things to do! Wish me luck, guys! 

Do you have any tips? 
Would you like to join me?

Let's hang some more!
bloglovin'|twitter|instagram 

Thanks so much for reading and have a wonderful day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment