pages

May 22, 2017

Empties // May, 2017.

Boy, do I have an empties for you? 

Today is Monday and we're off to a good start, at least blogging wise! I'm always excited for empties, but today's post is a specially good one because I have SO MANY products! I don't know what was going on with me this month, but I was on a roll. I always finishing product after product and it felt soooo good. I'm finally seeing the results on my cabinets, I've been noticing that I have way more space and that the amount of products I wanted to use up is slowly decreasing. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to completely use up everything I don't really enjoy using and just keep my must-have products, which has always been the end goal here!
Bioré Deep Cleaning Pore Strips // At first, I really liked this. The first time I used it I really saw results on my skin and on the strip, but you really don't need to do this as often as they say. I would suggest only doing this once a month or even less. If you have a regular skin care regiment, there's really no need to cleanse your pores like this on a weekly basis. But, overall, these were good. 
I'm not sure if they're cruelty-free or not, so I don't know if I would repurchase. 

Boticário Nativa Spa Revitalizing Shampoo // There only reason why I decided to use this shampoo was because my mom was going to throw it out and I didn't want it to go to waste. Boticário is a Brazilian brand and I'm usually a fan of their products, but this shampoo was ok at best. It was blue and I liked it because I thought it kinda toned down my blonde ends, but I wouldn't repurchase it and I'm really glad it's gone. 
Boticário is cruelty-free. 

Natura Plant Conditioner with Vegetal Keratin // Another hair product. I really liked this one, it wasn't as heavy duty as I like my conditioners to be, but it was good. I liked the scent and I'm pretty sure this specific line is not only cruelty-free, but also vegan. Would totally repurchase it.  
Phebo Creamy Soap + Phebo Glycerin Soap in Lavender // These soaps are a staples in every empties post. I really like them because they have a vegetal base and overall better ingredients than regular soap. 
Phebo is cruelty-free also.  

Aromae Botanicals Body Lotion // Hotel body lotion. Used it on my feet. Don't think it needs a review, but I wanted to include here because I did use it up this month.  

Pantene Pro-V Classic Clean Daily Shampoo // This is the last one of the minis and I couldn't be happier. If you've missed my last empties, my mom got a bunch of these mini shampoos and conditioners on her last trip and she was going to throw them out (she's been going through a decluttering period). I decided to use them up because I felt bad, I feel really bad creating unnecessary waste. I finally used them all up. This was ok, nothing major. 
Pantene is not cruelty-free. 
Colgate Plax Fresh Mint Mouthwash // I've been going through my cabinets and I've recently found this bottle half used, so I decided to go ahead and finish it. I don't think there's anything to say about this, it was a mouthwash and it worked for that purpose. I just wouldn't repurchase because Colgate is not cruelty-free. 

Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Sea Island Cotton // This was a good moisturizer, I love the scent and the little bottle - perfect for traveling. But, my problem with BBW is that that their cruelty-free status is really not clear. It literally says on the bottle that they don't test on animals, but their whole animal testing policy is not very clear and for that reason I won't be repurchasing their products. I've also been trying to go more natural with my beauty products so I might actually try to make my own body lotions. 

Acetone // A regular. Some people don't like acetone, but I love it. It's cheap and it's the only thing that takes away my nail polish fast enough. I don't really have a problem with it drying my hands, but it does happen. I just use some hand cream and I'm fine.  

Johnson's Baby Wipes // I've been trying so hard to stop with the baby wipes because they're so bad for the environment, but they're just so practical. What I can do is stop using the ones from this brand because Johnson's is not cruelty-free. 
Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Crisp Golden Pear // These things literally last forever, I think I've had this one for a good 3 months. This was ok, but I just think the scent is too strong and this is a total extra products for me. I don't need a scented hand sanitizer, I can do with the regular cheaper ones, so I wouldn't repurchase. 

Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost Mascara // I loved this mascara and I'm so sad that it's gone. I can't get Essence products in Brazil, but I'm really going to try to get this one online, when I'm done with all the other mascaras I currently own. But, like I said, I loved this: it was super black, it gave volume and length and it was held the curl really well. 10/10.  
Essence is cruelty-free and I would totally repurchase. 

Avon Random Lipstick // You might recognize this lipstick from my Project Pan and I'm sooo happy to see it go. I said "Random" because I have no idea what kind of lipstick this is or what shade its in, I just know I got it from Avon. I really didn't like this one and that's why I was trying to use it up. Avon doesn't have the best ingredients and they're not cruelty-free. This lipstick was definitely not my favorite and I would not repurchase. I actually ended up using it as a cream blush just to use it up because I felt bad throwing away a full lipstick. 

Avon Ideal Face CC Cream in Natural Beige // I'm soooo glad this is gone. I've been trying to use this thing up for ages. 

So, these are all the products I used up so far. I also have a ton of products that are almost empty, but I've decided to save them for next month's empties, this was already too big. I hope you guys enjoyed these mini-reviews and if you've done an empties post or video recently, leave it in comments below so I can go check it out!

Have you finished any beauty products this month?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome week!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...