pages

May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE! 

It's already kind of late over here, but I still wanted to pop in to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful time with you mothers, grandmothers, stepmothers and all the other kinds of mothers out there - I know some people fill in the mother position so selflessly and I feel like you all should be recognized today. This is a very special day, and since I don't believe this is the best place for me to gush about how amazing my own mom is (I already told her all about that today), I wanted to come over here and tell all the mothers that read my blog that we all appreciate your hard work and support. 

I can only speak for myself, but I think a lot of daughters out there will agree with me when I say that, my mom is my rock. She's my go-to for everything, from asking what I should eat for dinner to proof-reading my assignments at college. I lucked out on the parents department, but I know that I wouldn't have done half of the things I've done in life if it weren't for my parents. But, since I'm a girl, I connect to my mom on another level. I look up to her in a special way. 

I think being a mom must be extremely hard, but a lot of you make it look so effortless. You give yourself to your kids so selflessly that it seems easy, never asking for anything in return. I know that it sounds cliche, but Mother's Day really should be everyday. You literally make babies and create life inside of yourselves, just one day out of 365 cannot be enough to celebrate everything you do. 

Lastly, I wanted to say thank you to all the mothers that raise beautiful, smart, thoughtful, kind and amazing people. We need more mothers like you and we need more people like the ones you raise. I hope you had an amazing day and I hope you got the attention and love you deserve. I hope this post finds you happy and that it's just the cherry on top of the best cake ever. Cheers to all the beautiful mamas out there! 

Thanks so much for stopping by on the this special day! 

Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment