pages

May 30, 2017

Reading Wrap-Up // May, 2017.

Well, I had a pretty shitty reading month and it's totally my fault. Apparently, I've decided to choose the less exciting books to read ever all in one month and that's the result right here. They were not all terrible, but none of them made me think: Oh My, what a great book! I must talk about it on the blog. They were all pretty meeeeh, except one, one that's not even a full book, more like an essay. But, we'll get into that in a bit. 

I think part of this happened because I haven't been making my TBR lists like I used to. Whenever I take my time to think about what I'll read next, I really do my research.. I check GoodReads, Youtube and a couple of book blogs just to see what to expect from a book. So, I think I'm gonna try bringing the TBRs back next month because I NEED a better reading month. I've been so busy lately, so when I take some time to read a book, I want it to be a good one. I can feel a reading slump coming and I need to fight it, guys!
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_amazon_kindle_ereader_ipad_ibooks
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_the_lying_game_sara_shepard_pretty_little_liars_pll_girl_twins_mystery_murderletmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_dreamland_sarah_dessen_YA_romance_boring
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_amazon_kindle_ereader_ipad_ibooks_we_Should_all_be_feminists_feminism_chimamanda_ngozi_adichie_authorletmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_amazon_kindle_ereader_ipad_ibooks_ps_I_still_love_you_jenny_han_asian_main_character_ author_the_summer_I_turned_pretty_girl_cover
The Lying Game - Sara Shepard // Rating this book is a dilemma for me. While it was extremely addicting and I was hooked from page one, I found it a little immature and not believable. It honestly felt like I was reading Pretty Little Liars again from a different perspective, like this story happened in another part of Rosewood with different people, which is a good thing for me because I loved PLL, but kinda a bad thing for people who didn't live PLL. I've recently found out that these books also became a TV Show, I've been watching it, and again.. it has pretty strong PLL vibes. I liked it because I usually like teenage drama with a mystery twist. My recommendation is that If you enjoy Pretty Little Liars, you'll probably enjoy The Lying Game too.    

Dreamland - Sarah Dessen // Another book that is hard for me to rate. The first of this book I really disliked, it was boring, I felt like there was nothing really going on and I wasn't feeling the family aspect. But then, the romance started and I feel like the way the author portrayed an abusive relationship was really spot on and really important, specially in YA. I don't see YA authors talking about abusive relationships and when they do, they do it in a way that I usually disagree. This book did it so well that I actually remembered very vivid parts of an abusive relationship I was in when I was a teenager. In the book, the abuse involves physical violence, which is something I didn't experience, but I still related to the verbal abusive, small actions that completely trash your self-esteem and the manipulation. Sarah Dessen restored my faith is her as an author and now I'm pretty positive I'll read more of there books. 

We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie // 5 stars. 10 stars. This book gets ALL of the stars ever. This is actually a TED talk that I was adapted as a book. A friend of mine actually gave this to me saying it would change my life and, to be honest, it kinda did. Chimamanda talks about feminism in the best way possible and I loved her writing and her thoughts. It's only 50 pages, so I think EVERYONE should read this.   

P.S. I Still Love You - Jenny Han // Well, I hate this book. I don't like to be this negative about books, but I really did hate it. I extremely disliked the first one, and I have no idea why I thought this one would be different. I'm a pretty big fan of The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy, so I had pretty high hopes for Jenny Han's new trilogy, but these books really sucked. The main character was extremely annoying and boring and she kept going on and on about stuff and nothing ever happened. The main character also seems very young, naive and borderline stupid for her age and the way the is portrayed. I didn't like the other characters or the love interest. Honestly, nothing saved this book for me.

So, these are all the books I've read this month. Like I've said in the beginning, not my best reading month ever! But, I think part of it was my fault because I'm the one who choose to read this books, guess I need to do a better job next month. If you have any suggestions of books I should read, please leave it in the comments because, as you could see, I could really use your help!  

Which books did you read in the month of May?
Which books are you excited about reading next month?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!

letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_wordpress_books_book_bookblogger_booktuber_booktube_videos_reading_slump_reading_wrap_up_month_cute_dogs_cover_pug_free_epub_download_pdf_mobi_amazon_kindle_ereader_ipad_ibooks_follow_free_followers_instagram_twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment