pages

June 21, 2017

BOOK HAUL // E-books and Donations.

Well, I believe we've already established that I have no self-control when it comes to books. I can justify buying pretty much any book just for the fact that it's culture and that it's helping me with my English, but let's be honest for once... I buy books because I love them. I love reading stories, I love supporting authors I love and I love talking about it here on my blog. With that being said, I'm not encouraging you to be a hoarder of books like me. It's too late for me, but maybe you can still save yourself. 

This book haul is different though, all of these books came from different places and this never happens. I get most (almost all of) my books from Amazon - I have a Kindle and usually when I'm having insomnia I go to town on the Amazon store, it relaxes me and its one of the things I allow myself to buy guilt-free ever since I became a "minimalist". And it's a very nice arrangement if I do say so myself, I'm able to release my shopping urges without creating clutter in my life. I mean.. I do create clutter on my mind and kindle, but hey... I never claimed to be a perfect minimalist. Anyway, let's get to the books and I'll tell you where they came from as I'm talking about them!
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_when_dimple_met_rishi_review_free_epub_pdf_mobi_downloadletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_the_probability_of_miracles_wendy_wunder_meet_greet_download

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_the_lies_of_locke_lamora_scott_lynchletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_margaret_atwood_the_handmaids_tale_hbo_book_series_TV_show

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_stop_saying_you're_fine_mel_robbins_ted_talk_selfhelp_self_help_productivity_how_to_be_more_productiveletmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_the_circle_dave_eggers_movie_trailer_emma_watson
The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch // I borrowed this one from a friend, so I'm actually going to have to give it back, which is good for my wallet. I didn't even know you could borrow an online book, but apparently it can be done. I don't like to admit it, but I decided to read this book because everyone was talking about it on the internet. This is not the genre I usually go for, but it's good to spice things up, right?! I have really high hopes for it, people are saying it's impossible to put it down and I'm down for that! 

The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood // This book is everywhere right now and I really wanted to get it. I was browsing around online, but the price was always too high for what I'm comfortable with spending on an ebook. So, I was talking about it with my dad and he was like.. "Hold on, let me see if I have it, this book is really old and I remember buying it!" And, as it turns out, he really had it. I'm super excited about it, I've already read the first few pages and it is gooooood, my friends! 

Stop Saying You're Fine - Mel Robbins // One of the few books I bought with my mom this month! Mel Robbins TED Talk really change my life. I've talked about it two time already on the blog (here and here) and I've been meaning to get her book ever since the first time. Like I've said before, I'm really into self-help books right now, maybe because I've been feeling very lost in my life and I'm opened to try anything that might help. I'm really expecting great things for this book, I just need to take the time to actually read it.    

The Circle - Dave Eggers // There's nothing like a movie coming out with Emma Watson for me to read a book. I've heard about this book before, but the movie is what really pushed me to go ahead and get it. I'm one of those people that if Emma Watson has anything to do with it, I'm gonna read/watch it! I even joined her book club on GoodReads, no shame. And also, it sounds like it's a going to be a good one.    

The Probability of Miracles - Wendy Wunder // The next two books came to me in the most unexpected way ever. We have this little nook in my parents apartment complex where people can put books they don't want anymore and, lo and behold, these were just chilling over there. I never check that area, but I was visiting my parents on Sunday and I thought: why not? The weird thing is that there are never any current/YA books there, specially in English - I'd like to believe this was a gift from the universe. Anyway, I don't know why someone didn't want them anymore, but I'm so glad I have them now and I promised myself I would put it back there as soon as I finish them. So, I just got this one because of the cover and the fact that it was free, I know nothing about it, but I'm super pumped for the next one.   

When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandy Menon // This books is so hyped up on the internet is has to be good, right? That's not usually the case, but one of my reading resolutions this year is to read more diverse from diverse authors. I've never read anything related to the Indian culture and I'm really excited! It's an YA Romance (I think..), so I'll be able to get to it really soon!

Those are all the books I'll be adding to my growing collection this month! I'm pretty happy with myself because I didn't spend a lot of money on books, which is always a plus and more money going towards my savings account. Let me know on the comments if you've read any of these books and what did you think of them, without giving any spoilers please!

Did you buy any books this month?
What are you currently reading?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogger_YA_book_books_haul_hauls_new_old_classics_contemporary_cover_author_when_dimple_met_rishi_review_free_epub_pdf_mobi_download




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...