pages

June 29, 2017

Reading Wrap-up // June, 2017.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

It's time for another Reading Wrap-Up and I know I do this every month, but.. JUNE is pretty much over! Where's the time going?! Can someone hit the pause bottom for a bit?! Time is going by so fast and I cannot possibly be the only one who thinks that! But, today we're going to talk about books and I'm kinda excited for that because it's been too long. I think the last book related post I did was a haul over two weeks ago.. insane! 

Anyway, this was a weird month for me. If you've been following me on social media (if you're not I don't blame you at all) you already know this, but I've been having a "quarter life crisis". I don't know why all of this just hit me now, but I'm stuck on a dead-end job that I don't like and I had a little panic attack about it over the weekend. I talked about it on my last post, so you can read all about the fun times I've been having! YAY!  

So, given the emotional rollercoaster I'm currently riding you can understand that reading has not been a priority. I only managed to read 3 books this month and I'll be honest and say that one was a audiobook so.. Not a very productive reading month I'll admit. I even lowered my GoodReads Reading Challenge because I don't need anything else adding to my crippling anxiety at the moment - maybe I'll change again if things get better, but for right now the goal was lowered to 50 books this month. So, enough with the rambles about my life.. Let's get to the book!
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_book_books_bookblogger_haul_crown_of_midnight_youtber_booktube_youtubers_ebook_ebooks_kindle_amazon_free_download_audible
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_book_books_bookblogger_haul_crown_of_midnight_youtber_booktube_youtubers_ebook_ebooks_kindle_amazon_free_download_audible_sarah_j_maas_new_york_times_bestseller_throne_of_glass_celeana_letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_book_books_bookblogger_haul_crown_of_midnight_youtber_booktube_youtubers_ebook_ebooks_kindle_amazon_free_download_audible_the_tennis_party_sophie_kinsella_madeleine_wickham_london_author_british_cover 
letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_book_books_bookblogger_haul_crown_of_midnight_youtber_booktube_youtubers_ebook_ebooks_kindle_amazon_free_download_audible_lauren_oliver_before_I_fall_cover_movie_review_goodreads
Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver // This was a big let down, the book and the movie. The book was a little bit better, the movie just sucked. I picked this up originally because I was super intrigued by the story. It's about a girl that lives the same day over and over again and she's just tying to figure out why. This is not something we see very often when it comes to YA (I read a lot of YA if you couldn't tell) and I thought this would be a nice change. But, as you can imagine, it got a little repetitive. I didn't relate to any of the characters and the ending (the reason why all of this is happening) was just stupid and really anticlimax. I was expecting a super big reveal and I was left with a meeeh ending. I think this is the first book I've read from Lauren Oliver and I'm not impressed. 

The Tennis Party - Madeleine Wickham // If you didn't know, Madeleine Wickham is actually Sophie Kinsella and you guys know how much I LOVE her books. This was a bit different, but still really good and funny. I think Sophie Kinsella writes more about the modern girl, living in a big city with a fancy job and this was more of a family drama filled with intrigue. It's basically about a couple that invites some of their friends for a weekend tennis party (which is something all of you already guessed form the title.. I'm a great book blogger!) It was a pretty fast read and I really enjoyed it. I'm planning on reading all Sophie Kinsella/Madelaine Wickham's  books and I'm slowing working my way through them. She's one of my favorite authors and I highly recommend this one! 

Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas // This was the one I listened to on audible and I'm not impressed. I know this is a very hyped series on the internet, but this was not my cup of tea. I liked the first one in the series and that's why I decided to pick up book number two, but I'm kinda over this world now. The main character is starting to annoy me, there's not logic behind the magic system and all the other characters are boring. I know it's fantasy, but it's not a believable fantasy, if that makes any sense! I think I'm done with this series, at least for now.. Maybe I'll pick it up later in the future, but for now I need to go back to my YA Romances! 

Which books have you read this month?
What's your favorite genre?
What are you currently reading right now?

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!


letmecrossover_blog_blogger_michele_mattos_book_books_bookblogger_haul_crown_of_midnight_youtber_booktube_youtubers_ebook_ebooks_kindle_amazon_free_download_audible

No comments:

Post a Comment