pages

June 14, 2017

What I'm Looking For In a Blogger + Why I'm Not a FAN.

Just like many bloggers out there (if not all of us), I decided to start a blog because I was obsessed with reading blogs. I took this task so seriously that I even had a little notebook where I would write down my favorite bloggers and their social media pages, that's how committed I was them - don't judge me, that was before we even had Facebook and Instagram (now you can easily follow me on both, sorry shameless promo). What I loved most about blogging was the fact that everything looked so glamorous, yet so relatable. There were this beautiful girls with interesting lives living in amazing cities all over the world, but yet I could connect with them so easily, they would respond to my comments and I even remember a blogger  responding to an email I sent to her blogging account. 

That's what I miss most about blogging. I feel like today, bloggers and youtubers are being put on a very high pedestal by their followers and sometimes this goes up to their heads. They start to see themselves as celebrities and they believe that being unreachable is good for the business and this really pisses me off. If you are famous because of your work on the internet it's ONLY because people cared enough to support you. They could just consume the content you put up and not share it on social media or give you the "thumbs up" you ask for in every video. But no, they cared.. And God knows why because some influencers out there are really rude to their supporters. 

This really pisses me off. We created this great space where you can not only be yourself, but also get paid for it. If you really think about it, youtubers and bloggers are paid to be themselves and talk about the things they're interested in. Sure, it takes work and I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks. But, the internet gave you an opportunity to connect with people all over the world who want to support YOU. And then, you are rude to them, you don't respond to their comments or you completely ignore when someone wants to take a picture with you in public. I know that some people are really big, like millions and millions of followers and that it would be hard to answer to all of them, but there are always ways for you show that you care about the people who have literally put you where you are.

I also really hate when youtubers and bloggers use the word ''fan''... Like, girl you are not BeyoncĂ©. The whole reason why people started to follow your work is because they related to you, so don't give yourself the celebrity status. I love BeyoncĂ©, I'm huge fan of her work, but I don't relate to her at all. Like, if she told me to buy a lipstick I would be intrigued obviously, but I don't think I would be able to afford it and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit my lifestyle, so I probably wouldn't buy it. See where I'm going with this? This is where a lot of bloggers lost me as their follower. They started to promote products and services that I can't afford. It's great that they are being taken on tropical vacations and flying on private jets, good for THEM, but that kind of lifestyle doesn't apply to me so I'm not really interested in watching your video about an expensive trip you took FOR FREE. 

I think there's a way to find a happy balance, but I still haven't found a blogger or youtuber that managed to do it. To me, the whole point of reading a blog or watching a video is to feel like I relate to the person on the other side of the screen in a way that makes me feel understood, happy or entertained. Maybe you're giving me some tips or recommendations that apply to my life, maybe you're teaching me something (like how to do a smokey eye) or maybe you're just making me laugh because your personality is amazing and you're really funny. Showing me the five star hotels you stay in or the all-paid vacations you go to does next to nothing for me. I mean, it's cool and it's great for you like I said, but I cannot afford it. I'm not looking for things that are out of my paycheck on youtube or in a blog, if I wanted that I would just watch E! and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.  

I guess all I'm trying to say is, people followed you because they related to you. They related to the girl or the boy sitting in their room with a crappy camera talking about their shitty day at school. They related to the single mom that's telling us how she raises two kids on her own. Or even the couple that decided to live on their van. They related to real people. Bloggers and youtubers are starting to not look like real people anymore and that bothers me. Blogging is a platform where we can share our real lives and connect with real people by doing so and I feel like some bloggers are forgetting the connecting part.

That's all I have for today, guys! I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I love the fact that bloggers and youtubers are being recognized by their work, that's awesome! I just don't like the fact that nowadays it looks like they are portraying themselves as celebrities and forgetting the people who cared so much about them. That's all! 

What do you think? 

Let's hang some more!

Thanks so much for reading and come back soon! 

letmecrossover_blog_blogger_scandal_fan_bookcon_playlist_youtube_youtuber_new_michele_mattos_fan_subscribers_supporters_buying_giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...