pages

July 22, 2017

GUEST POST // A Day In London // CAMDEN TOWN.

Hi, everyone! 

First of all, I would like to say that I am not a blogger. I don't even think that I'm good at writing or expressing my feelings through words, but I am going to give it a try to tell you guys a little bit about my experience living abroad. 
 I hope you'll enjoy reading what I have to say!

Last year, I lived with my parents and my two sisters. I was an Intentional Relations graduated working for a technology company and living in Rio de Janeiro. Now, I share a house with three amazing Brazilians, work as sales assistant in one of the busiest fashion stores in Oxford Street and live in London. I decided to leave my job, my family, my closets friends and my hometown to follow a different dream. It may sound amazing in theory, but the reality is not as exciting as it sounds. It's like leaving all your certainty behind and jumping into an ocean of doubts. What about my family? Am I making the right choice? What if I don’t find a good job or one that I really enjoy doing? What if I fail at everything and have to come back home? These are all questions that cross my mind from time to time. But, I am trying to enjoy the experience and not let fear put me down! So, that's me and that's my introduction! Let's stop with the heavy and get into the good stuff, shall we?! 
Whenever I have a day off, I explore the city! And to be honest, I don't think I will ever get enough of it. There are so many places to see here and so many different things to do. You can find people from every place in the world. London is a mix of cultures co-exiting in a very harmonious ways (Well, most of the time). I never feel judged for the clothes I am wearing here or if I am having a bad hair day. Nobody really cares about this stuff here. Nobody will give you the eye even if you decided to go out wearing a only bikini and high heels. 
And if you want to have a taste of all this culture: Camden is the place to go. Camden is exotic even for London standards. I've been there three or four times already and there is always something new to see and do. I live near Bermondsey Station, which is in the Jubilee Line (gray line), so to go to Camden I have to take the tube and change in London Bridge for the Northern Line (black line). Public transportation is very easy to use here, specially the underground. Every station has a map showing the lines you need and the changes you need to make to get where you want. 
Our first stop was The Camden Market. You'll see it just after leaving the station. If you are visiting London for the first time and you need to buy gifts for every relative you have back home this is definitely a must. There is variety of things to buy and the prices are reasonable - you can make everyone happy without breaking the bank. If you're crazy about t-shirts like me, you're going to love it here - they have the best selection I've ever seen!
The next place we went to was the Camden Lock Market. It's a great place for shopping because of the diversity of little shops. You'll be able to find everything from vintage pieces and handmade accessories to unique and modern fashion pieces. It is also a great place to eat! You can taste a little bit of every culture around the world here. Italian, Thai food, Mexican, Brazilian… just name it and you're probably be able to find it. This time I went with a burrito, which I regretted latter. Not because of the taste. I was actually really good. But we took the food to go and ate it on board of The Music Boat, I spilled the sauce all over my trousers and you can imagine the mess. Just so you know, I spent the rest of the day trying to get rid of the stain… 
Ok, now let's talk about The Music Boat! It is a small boat that takes you around Regent's Canal, where you can see some of London's touristic places with a live musical performance to entertain you on the way. It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend! The guys from the boat were really nice and chatty. They advertise the trip for £20 pound, the price is totally negotiable - me and my friends paid £12! 
There is so much more of Camden to see, I couldn't possibly share everything in one post! As I said before, I am not a blogger, let alone a travel blogger, but I hope this inspires you to come here and discover Camden for yourself! 

 I hope you've enjoyed reading a little bit about my London adventures! 

 If you want more, you can follow Adriana on IG!







Leave us a comment if you loved it, so we can force Adriana 
to write more or turn her into a blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment