pages

July 13, 2017

Monthly Empties // June, 2017.

What's up, everyone?!

I know I'm super late with this empties and, to be honest, I have no good excuse. I've been busy with life in general and whenever I plan on blogging on the weekends, I never get around to it. I'm either super burned out from the week and all I want to do is watch TV or I have social events I kinda have to attend (last weekend it was a graduation party, which was actually really fun). So, this morning I had a few extra minutes before leaving for class (which is something that never happens) and I took it as a divine sign that I should take this time to catch up on my blog posts. 

I've been collecting this beauty trash for a little over a month and I thought I had more products in my bag, but I just had this ones. I did finish up some makeup products, which is always a plus, and there's a bunch of staples here like haircare and skincare. I've been really good with my money and I haven't bought anything beauty related in June and in July so far, let's hope I can keep this up for another month. I've been trying to up my savings game this year so I can travel more. I already have a couple of trips planned and I'll talk all about it in a different post, but yeah.. I'm excited!

Oh, and if you guys didn't know, I'm currently transitioning to only cruelty-free products, so I'll let you guys know which ones are and which ones aren't. I still have a lot of products from brands that test on animals, but I'm slowly trying to use them all up and never repurchase, unless the brand status changes! Anyway, I'm gonna stop rambling! Let's get to the products!
Granado Glycerin Soaps // These are always on my empties, I love them. You can check my previous empties for a more in depth review, but they're great. I highly recommend getting more natural bar soaps instead of body wash, it's better for your body and for the environment. 
Granado is cruelty-free.

Healthy Sexy Hair Conditioner in Soy Moisturizer // I got this over a year ago at Ross and I'll never get hair products this size ever again. Although I LOVED this conditioner, it took me and my roommate using it on a regular basis more than a year to completely use it up. It's great, though! The scent is awesome, it's thick and moisturizing and it leaves your feeling glossy and healthy. I would totally repurchase it, but never this amount of product.   
Sexy Hair is cruelty-free. 

Naturelle Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo with Rosemary Extract // I got this at the same time I got the Sexy Hair conditioner and it's a miracle they ender at the same time. 
I looked and I'm not sure if the brand cruelty-free or not, but I think they are. 
Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner for Sensitive Skin // This was ok, not good but not bad.    I used it mainly to take off my face makeup and it did the job, I just wasn't a big fan of the scent. I wouldn't repurchase it because it was too strong for my skin (even the sensitive version) and because this had a lot of chemicals, a lot of ingredients I couldn't pronounce in the back and that's never a good sign. I'm currently using a more natural alternative and I really like it (I'll definitely include that one in my favorites post coming soon).   
Clean & Clear is NOT cruelty-free. 

Granado Deodorant // I bought this before I started making my own deodorant (recipe coming soon) and it wasn't very good. It did not contain my sweat, which is definitely not ok since it claims to be antiperspirant. I got the one without the scent and I kinda regret it also. I wouldn't repurchase it! 
Granado is cruelty-free.

Depil Bella Oil Waxing Remover // My mom actually got this one for me. I needed an oil to remove the wax from my mustache (yes, I wax my own mustache #frugal) and it did the job. It was also dirt cheap, but it did have a lot of chemicals in it. I'm currently using regular coconut oil for that and it works wonder, you can even use olive oil if you're on a pinch, you definitely don't need a special waxing remover. Needless to say, I wouldn't repurchase it. 

Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Endless Weekend // I liked the product, the scent and the packaging is cute, but I think I'm over BBW. Their cruelty-free status is super shady and their ingredients are not the best. I've been going towards more natural alternatives and their products don't appeal to me as much as they used to. I really like the huge amount of scents they have and I'll miss having some of them, but I'm sure I can find better/healthier alternatives. 
Lola! Hair Oil in Patuá & Moringa // I love Lola! as brand in general and all of the products I've tried did not disappoint. I loved the scent on this and I saw some difference in my hair. It felt healthier and it had more shine after using it. I already repurchased!
Lola! is cruelty-free.

Simple Moisturizing Face Wash // This was a totally unnecessary product. I'm not a big fan of face wash, I feel like you're just applying extra chemicals to your skin and wasting money since everything a face wash does can be done by normal soap. I think I got this as a gift with purchase and it lasted almost an entire year in my shower. It was ok, I liked the scent.. But I felt like it stripped my skin. I would never buy it in the first place, but if I got it for free again I would use it.  
Simple is NOT cruelty-free.

L'Oreal Casting Cream Gloss // If you follow me on Instagram (@letmecrossover) you probably know that I've tried to dye my hair a copper shade, but things didn't work out so well. This is the little moisturizing/finishing cream the hair dye comes with to apply after the process. It's good, but it doesn't do any miracles. 
L'Oreal has a very shady cruelty-free status and I'm not buying it. 

Essence Match2Cover Cream Concealer // If you still remember, this was in my products I want to use up in 2017 (check it out here) and I've finally finished it! This used to be my favorite concealer, but I've found better alternatives since then. It's good, not great. It gives decent coverage and, since it comes with two different shades, you can mix them to get your perfect shade, but it creases like crazy even after setting it with powder. I love Essence as a brand, but this is not my favorite product.  
Essence is cruelty-free.


e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set // I loved this spray. I use a lot of powder makeup, so a setting spray is a must for me. This one was super cheap and it worked wonders. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't come in a bigger bottle. I would totally repurchase it!  
e.l.f. is cruelty-free.


Those are all the products I finished up last month! I thought I had more, but 14 products in a month is still good, right? Hopefully, as time goes by, I'll have less and less products to share over here. The end goal is to go through everything I don't need, everything that is extra and just keep the products I absolutely love and that are cruelty-free. It's been a process guys, but I've started seeing some progress on my cabinets and they're getting more and more empty. 



Have you tried any of these products?
How many products did you finish last month?
Do you enjoy empties?


Let's chat!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...