pages

July 29, 2017

Pan That Palette Update.


Heeeello, everyone!

If you missed my Pan That Palette updates, I'm sorry it took me this long to figure out what I want to do - I haven't done an update since February, but I was contemplating stopping the challenge altogether.. I've started out with three palettes, the three oldest eyeshadows in my collection and, to be honest, I thought this was going to be extremely easy, a piece of cake. But, as it turns out, using up an entire pan of eyeshadow takes a long time, specially when you don't do your makeup everyday like myself.. I can go an entire week without wearing any makeup and to use up an entire eyeshadow palette in a year you have to actually use eyeshadow almost every single day. And also, the fact that two of the three palettes I chose were extremely old and poor quality to begin with didn't help. 

I've decided to just throw away the two palettes that we pissing me off - two super old palettes I got from Forever 21 a couple of years ago, you can see them on the updates here, I was actually making some progress. Makeup is supposed to be a fun hobby for me, something I enjoy doing and that brightens up my day, not a chore. I already have too much stress in my life to add to it with an old makeup palette, right?! So, when I decided to throw them out, I was contemplating wether or not I should just go ahead and quit the challenge. But, I've clearly decided not to. I started this whole thing to downsize my makeup collection and decluttering is a way of downsizing. I also didn't want to disregard the progress I've been making on the palette that I've decided to keep. 

I've been making progress but I still don't think I'll be able to finish it all up. I'm feeling like I've failed this and I hate this feeling. It's a small palette with only 5 pans and I still won't be able to finish it up in the year. It just goes to show that we actually don't really NEED all the makeup we buy! So, this is becoming a little too dramatic.. It's only makeup, Michele! Let's get to the update! 
letmecrossover_project_pan_makeup_michele_mattos_blogger_blog_pan_that_palette_update_2017_kiko_milano_makeup_yotuber_famous_hit_pan_empties_empty_hit_or_miss
letmecrossover_project_pan_makeup_michele_mattos_blogger_blog_pan_that_palette_update_2017_kiko_milano_makeup_yotuber_famous_hit_pan_empties_empty_hit_or_miss_street_fashion_addictive_song_02_swatches
As you can see, this is the only one that's left - the Kiko Milano Street Fashion Palette in Addictive Song (02). The more I use it, the more I love these shades. The formula is amazing and I don't even use an eye primer most of the time because I just don't feel like I need it. The only minor issue I have with this palette is the marron (or is it burgundy?) shade, which is a bit chalky and difficult to incorporate in most looks. But, the rest is awesome, no complains! I even use the pink shade quite often on the crease mixed in with the light brown for a sunset-ish/warm look. 

The light brown shade is by far my favorite from this palette. It's actually my favorite light brown shade ever, the tone just works perfectly with my skin and the warm looks I usually go for, which is why it's the one with the most pan. I've actually repressed it and there's already major pan showing again. Hitting pan on the dark brown was a pleasant surprise since I only use it to set my eyeliner whenever I use brown liner. But, I've been trying to use it more often on the crease and the outer-v. The problem is that I usually go for this palette when I want a soft, everyday look so the dark brown doesn't always fit in with that look. The picture doesn't do it justice thought, this shade is gorgeous.. It has pinkish undertows and warm shimmer in it, it's super unique. 
letmecrossover_project_pan_makeup_michele_mattos_blogger_blog_pan_that_palette_update_2017_kiko_milano_makeup_yotuber_famous_hit_pan_empties_empty_hit_or_miss_street_fashion_addictive_song_02_swatches
Surprisingly, the shimmery white shade is the one I'm most "worried" about just because it the pan is HUGE. No one needs that much of one shadow, even if it's the all over the lid/highlight shade. It's a gorgeous shade and I love it, but it is too much product. I can't really use it as face highlight or anything like that because it too intense and I'm going to look like a disco ball if I do. Like I said, I'm enjoying these shades and they're fun to use, but I don't think I'll be able to use up the entire thing until December. We're almost in August and I haven't even hit pan on all of the shades. 

I guess that's it for my update! From now on, I think I'll go back to doing the monthly. If you have any tips on how I could use these shades faster, they'd be much appreciated. I've already accepted the fact that I won't be able to finish up this palette in 2017, but it'd be really cool if I did. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that these types of challenges are not for me since I just don't wear makeup on a daily basis, I think I should just focus on my empties and project pans

Are you doing the Pan That Palette Challenge?!
Have you ever used up on entire eyeshadow palette?!
Do you have any tips?

Let's chat!

Thanks so much for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

letmecrossover_project_pan_makeup_michele_mattos_blogger_blog_pan_that_palette_update_2017_kiko_milano_makeup_yotuber_famous_hit_pan_empties_empty_hit_or_miss_street_fashion_addictive_song_02_swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment